Core Java Syllabus
- Why Java?
- Flavors of Java.
- Role of Java Programmer in Industry.
- JVM –The heart of Java
- Java’s Magic Byte code
2. Language Fundamentals
- The Java Environment
- Installing Java.
- Java Program Development
- Java Source File Structure
3. Basic Language Elements
- Lexical Tokens, Identifiers
- Keywords, Literals, Comments
- Primitive Data types, Operators
- Conditional statements and loops in Java
4. Object Oriented Programming
- Class Fundamentals.
- Object & Object reference.
- Object and Attribute Scope.
- Garbage Collection.
- Creating and Operating Objects.
- Constructor & initialization code block.
- Access Control, Modifiers, methods
- Defining Methods, Argument Passing Mechanism
- Method Overloading, Recursion.
- Dealing with Static Members. Finalize () Method.
- Use of “this “reference.
- Use of Modifiers with Classes & Methods.
- Design of Assessors and Mutator Methods
- Cloning Objects, shallow and deep cloning
- Generic Class Types
- Organizing Classes and Interfaces in Packages.
- Defining Package.
- CLASSPATH setting for Packages.
- Making JAR Files for Library Packages
- Import and Static Import
- Naming Convention for Packages
6. Extending Classes and Inheritance
- Use and Benefits of Inheritance in OOP
- Types of Inheritance in Java
- Inheriting Data Members and Methods
- Role of Constructors in inheritance
- Overriding Super Class Methods.
- Use of “super”.
- Polymorphism in inheritance.
- Type Compatibility and Conversion
- Abstract Class & Interfaces
- Implementing interfaces.
- Nested , Inner Class &Anonymous Classes
7. Exception Handling:
- The Idea behind Exception
- Exceptions & Errors
- Types of Exception
- Control Flow in Exceptions
- JVM reaction to Exceptions
- Use of try, catch, finally, throw, throws in Exception Handling.
- In‐built and User Defined Exceptions
- Checked and Un‐Checked Exceptions
8. Array & String:
- Defining an Array
- Initializing & Accessing Array
- Multi –Dimensional Array
- Arrays class
- Operation on String
- Mutable & Immutable String
- Using Collection Bases Loop for String
- Tokenizing a String
- Creating Strings using String Buffer
9. Collection Framework
- What is collection?
- Use of collection.
- Iterable, Collection, Set, Queue, List interfaces
- Collection classes
- Map Interface
- Map Clasess
- Collections class.
- Understanding Threads
- Needs of Multi‐Threaded Programming.
- Thread Life‐Cycle
- Thread Priorities
- Synchronizing Threads
- Inter Communication of Threads
- Critical Factor in Thread ‐DeadLock